CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Too close to home...

As most of you know, tornadoes ravaged through Murfreesboro on Good Friday, April 10th.  (Good Friday is quite an ironic name for such a devasting day!)  I know lots of people who live and work in Murfreesboro and it was a good thing that I was out of town....I knew NOTHING about it until it was over.  My mom works at State Farm and the tornado went right over the building and touched down and destroyed many homes within miles of where she was!!!  Here is a picture  that was taken on Broad St., which is literally less than 5 miles from State Farm! SCARY!!!I can't tell you how it calmed me to finally hear her voice when I was able to get in touch with her.  Even though she was crying because she was at home watching everything on the news, it was great to hear those tears!  If you didn't know, I HATE STORMS!!!  Of course, no one that I know loves them, but ever since it went through where we live 3 years ago, I have been terrified....absolutely horrified of tornadoes.  It really does make me HATE this time of year!  It makes me thank my lucky stars everyday for what we have.  I cannot and hope and pray that I never know what the people who were affected by this are going through.  My heart goes out to each and every one of them!  The man who lost his wife and newborn baby girl will leave his hospital bed to go to their funeral tomorrow.....I cannot explain how this hurts me!  I keep imagining what if we were in that situation!  How do people find the strength to get through?  This is a very important time in our lives to praise God for our blessings and ask him to lift up those affected by these horrific storms.  Please say a little extra prayer for them tonight!

On an end note, if you have a few minutes to spare, please go here and watch this youtube video.  It'll give you a little more insight to the damages that were left behind!  May God bless each and every one who was affected!

xoxo, Kara

1 comment:

Lana said...

Wasn't this just horrible? So scary!