CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a day....

Today has been a rough, sad day for our town!  A father of several children, who found out he had leukemia last year, passed away.  An eight-year old little boy who was fine one day, had a cold the next that turned into pneumonia the next, also passed away.  And then, another eight-year old getting on the school bus this morning, was hit by a car and is in very, very critical condition!  What a horrible day???  My heart has been aching all day for these families.  I know that there are no words that could comfort them during this terrible time in their lives, and I just pray that God gives them the support, peace, and patience to cope and deal with their sorrows!  

I've been thinking all day of how thankful I should be to be fat and sassy C: .....I need to quit complaining about things that I have no control over and be thankful that I have a family, home, job, and wonderful dr's who are watching over me and Harper!  God bless! C:  I have complained about going to the dr. twice a week starting Monday, but I need to appreciate that they are watching us so closely....I need to be thankful that I've been able to work throughout the entirety of this pregnancy....I need to be thankful just for being pregnant when there are so many out there who wish they were in my shoes....I need to be thankful that Harper is active and kicks her momma all the time....I need to be thankful for the small things because it'll all be over soon and she'll be here and then new worries will start!  I feel so very blessed, and now I need to work on quitting all the worrying and being thankful for the things that I DO have and stop worrying about the things that I don't!  If you have any suggestions on how to help with this, I'm open!!

Now, since all the negative stuff has been on the forefront of this post, I'm going to end with a little snidbit (like my words? C:) from our shower Sunday.  People have been messaging me via email, facebook, etc. wanting to see pics, so here are a few.....of course, I just love it all!  In case I haven't already told you, I can't wait for this little girl to arrive!  I just wanna look at her and hold her and hug and kiss on her!!!!  I'm so excited!  She's going to be rotten! C: LOL

My wonderful hubby and Harper's daddy who already loves her so much went to the shower w/ us....

The food table...

The  gift table.....(and HUGE rocking chair that I just knew would swallow me...ahem...it didn't!) lol

The ladies over the shower.  From L to R: My aunt Stephanie, cousin Rachel, Aunt Maxine, bestie Angela, can't miss me!, cousin Emily, cousin's wife Tiffany, Aunt Kim, and sister-in-law Wendy.  They are all GREAT!

Baby bling....Love it!!!

The infamous shoes that I have been wanting forever.  Madelyn has a pair and I just love them, so Wendy got Harper a pair.  So sweet!!!

Lots of stuff with her sweet little name on it.  People will definitely know this child's name! C:Her sweet, cuddly Bunnies By The Bay coat.  It has a carrot rattle in the pocket!  Precious!The sweetest little girl there.....she looks like she has an underbite in this pic, but she doesn't.  But, I chose it because it's the only one she's half way smiling in! LOL  Such a mess!The aftermath...

As I said, I loved it all!  I think I now need to go look up the word "few" or "snidbit" because these pictures pretty much cover everything! LOL  Oh well.....I'm off to bed now to count my blessings!  Hug your families a little tighter tonight and let's lift these families up in prayer that need us today!

xoxo, Kara C:

4 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Kara, that is terrible news about these families!!! I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I will be praying for these families.
Loved all your little pretties!!! Looks like you got lots of girlie stuff...or should I say Harper got lots of girlie stuff!!!!

LeAnne Grissom said...

Looks like you got some nice stuff. It's just like Christmas, but only in pink... I hope you have a great shower Sunday. My Mom will be there. I was fun shopping for a girl. Now you need to try for a boy. I think Brandon needs a tractor buddy. Although Harper could be a tractor loving country girl. I know she will be a daddy's girl. Have a great weekend.

Lana said...

It looks like you got a lot of great things!! How exciting!!!

WCMS Cheerleaders said...

You need to add my cheerleading blog to you list. I will see you at the shower tomorrow.