CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Special post...Part 2

Since last Wednesday was such a special day at our house, I had high hopes of blowing you away with this amazing post about why our day was special....well you already know that didn't happen.  BUT, I did still want to post about our day, so here's part 2!

Last Wednesday marked 3 years since I became Mrs. Fuston!  What a wonderful day this was.  Brandon and I began dating in July of 2003 and quickly knew that there was something different about our relationship.  After probably a month, maybe two, we began talking about marriage and life.  I would've said yes if he had asked me to marry him then!  BUT, he didn't...lol!  We knew we'd get married after dating only a short while, but it took him 10 months to propose.  I know that doesn't sound like a long time to many, but it seemed like an eternity at the time.  The night he proposed, I had been at work and looked terrible! ha:)  But, after the shock wore off and I pushed him over, I finally managed to say yes!  (By the way, I didn't really push him over, but he loves to tell it that way.  I grabbed him around the neck to hug him and I think he fell over....that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) lol

ANYWAY, after we were engaged, we began discussing when to get married.  I dreamed of a beautiful fall wedding...I just love the fall and all the colors and mums, pumpkins, leaves....everything about it.  WELL, it didn't go exactly as planned.  I was wanting to get married the next summer, but I still lacked 2 years to finish my degree and he really wanted me to finish school first.  So, as bad as I hated to, we decided to wait until I graduated and boy am I glad we did?  That would've added that much more stress to being a newlywed.  So, after we knew it'd be 2 years, we began looking at dates.  We began talking on July 15th and it just so happened that July 15th fell on a Saturday in 2006....so that had to be our wedding date.  Let me just tell you....I know it was ours....but it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen!  We got married in the beautiful Woodbury Church of Christ and our flowers were GORGEOUS!  I still love everything about that day....especially the memories.  That is something that I will always cherish and remember for as long as I live.  I'm so thankful to have such wonderful parents who gave us such a glorious day and for family and friends who were with us and supported us each step of the way!

SO, last Wednesday brought back so many wonderful memories.  I just sat around all day looking at our beautiful baby girl and thinking about how far we've come in 3 short years!  God has blessed our little life more than I ever thought imaginable!

Here are a few pics from one of my favorite days.....enjoy!I love this pic of the guys....so modern!See....I told you our flowers were gorgeous...or at least I think so! ha:)This was one of my fave pics of myself from that day...I love the effect of the lighting in this photo....LOVE it!Yes...I tripped on my dress walking back down the aisle.  Oh well...all was good by then and he was stuck with clumsy old me! lolLoved the rose petal exit!

My cute little daddy...My beautiful mama....I picked out her dress and it was less than $50! ha:)  However, her jewelry cost more than her clothes. lol  Oh well...If you know me at all, you know I'm an organizational control freak....I believe they would title me OCD! lol  Anyway, I was terrified that Brandon's friends were going to do something during the ceremony or forget something....WELL when it came time  to make pics of me w/ the guys they walked in and they all had on these CRAZY ties....some were horribly ugly and others had cartoon characters on them....it totally cracked me up.....but I was oh so glad that was all they decided to pull!  You never know with that group of guys! :)

And here's my handsome hubby...I know you're all  jealous! :)  But he's mine!  Dear Brandon,

WOW!  I don't know where to start....we have been through so much together in the past 6 years.  You are my rock and my soul mate....you truly complete me and I don't know what I did before I found you.  Although we have both changed and grown over the past 3 years, we are still connected!  There aren't many couples who can say that they love each other more now than they did when they were married....well I can and truly mean it.  You are the best thing that has ever happend to me.  If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have the best God-given gift imaginable.  You are my best friend, support system, shoulder to cry on, and the one whom I confide in the most.  Thank you for always being there for me through everything...from going back to school, to coaching and going to all the games, to being dedicated to eating w/ my family every Friday night, letting me cry and whine when I didn't feel well, to holding my hand through child birth.  Our journey makes me love you more and more with each passing day!  Thank you for the best years of my life and I hope there are many, many more to come!  You and Harper are my life and I love you more than anything.  Happy 3rd Anniversary....just a few days late! :)  Love you!

No comments: