CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

My favorite outfit....EVER!

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a 'Show Us Your Life' series and this week it is all about the wedding gown! I just loved planning our wedding and looking for the perfect gown! I kinda knew what style I wanted and I knew that I wanted to blow Brandon's breath away....so the hunt was on! The weekend we got engaged, I bought a bridal magazine and the first dress in the book was the one that I had to have. I searched far and wide and finally found out that a little boutique in Franklin had one! We went the next day to see it....unfortunately....it was not as beautiful in person as it was in the magazine. It had all these huge pleats going around it and anyone w/ a fuller behind knows that those do NOTHING for your figure! ha:) So, I left there devastated and crying! lol I had just known that was it and it wasn't....oh well! So, after hours of looking and trying on countless dresses, I loaded up one Saturday with my bestie and my mom and headed to our tenth shop! I tried on and tried on and had it narrowed down to two dresses. We decided to go eat lunch while I made my decision. During lunch I kept looking at pics we had made and I made a decision...I didn't like either one of them that well! So, my best friend, Angela, said, "We are going back to that shop and we are going to find YOUR dress."  Well, we walked in and this time, we got to work w/ another consultant. She asked what exactly I wanted and I told her...."sweetheart neckline, halter, heavy beading on the bodice, A-line, long train, corset back, and beading on bottom"...I was very specific. ha:) She said to give her a minute and then she goes over to the rack that I had gone through numerous times and she pulled "the gown"!!! I was like, "Where did that come from?" She said it was part of the trunk show and they had just put it out on the floor and hadn't even had time to steam it. I said, "Well that's it!"  She said, "Do you not want to try it on first?" lol Of course I did, and even though it was the wrong color and about 6 inches too short, I came out of the dressing room jumping up and down saying, "This is the one! This is the one!" We ordered it right then and I've never regretted my decision!Some people just buy the first gown they see, and I wish I could've been so lucky!  But, I knew what I wanted and I knew that I would know it when I found "the one," just like I knew it when I found Brandon!  I needed the perfect gown to marry the perfect man!Here's a picture of the back so you can see the gorgeous train and corset!  The train was pretty long already.  BUT, I had imagined having this huge train that flowed behind me as I walked down the long aisle....so I added 3 feet to the length of my train when they custom ordered it.  It was just p-e-r-f-e-c-t!!! And here you can see the detailing better on the bodice.  It was silver and crystal beading with silver thread.  Our colors were a pretty sage and silver with all colors of pink and green flowers!  This day is still one of my favorite days in my life...with childbirth being close up there! ha:)  Next week is wedding party and flowers...so I'll be hunting for those pictures next!

xoxo, 

2 comments:

Lana said...

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Unknown said...

I love your dress.
Everyone looks so beautiful!