Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy, busy weekend

We started off our busy weekend with a WONDERFUL visit from some GREAT friends from Florida.  They lived here for two years when we were younger (I think K-2 grade, maybe?) and we became the best of friends.  We spent almost every weekend together and we were so, so sad when they were relocated to Florida.  Over the years, we have visited back and forth some during the summers, but we haven't seen them since 2002.  Since then, we have both gotten married, I've had a baby, her mom was diagnosed with cancer on several different occasions, .....lots of stuff has happened.  SO, this was the year for them to come to TN and then we are planning a trip to Destin next year and we are going to visit with them while we are there also.  Anyway, they came out to our house to meet Brandon and Miss Harper and we just had a great visit.  

That night, we all went out to eat and to Wal-Mart (but just for a second because H screamed the entire time we were in there!)  Then, on Saturday, we had a family reunion, and then went to my parents' house for a cookout and our other bestie from back in the day, Andi (the one who made our pics), came and we had the best time!  We laughed and giggled like we hadn't spent any time apart.  It was soooooo nice to visit and reminisce over long, lost memories.  Andi took some hilarious photos from the night, and I'll post those when she sends them to me.  I can't wait to see them!  

So, after all that, we were able to rest a little on Sunday before we took Miss H to the dr. for her 2 week checkup yesterday.  Well, she is still 20 and 3/4 inches long and still only weighs 8 lbs. and 11 oz.  Since she was not back up to her birth weight, they sent us back to the hospital to meet with the lactation consultants again.  I knew she was getting enough, but they wouldn't listen to me! LOL  So, anyway, we had to go over there, feed her, and see how much she gained after eating.  And, sure enough, she gained a full 3 oz. after eating.  SO, they said they thought she was getting enough, she just needed to eat more often.  SO, we did what they said and it totally messed our whole little night schedule up and we were up til almost 2am with a screaming baby!  We were furious!  Brandon said where is the dr. and lactation consultant now?!?  LOL  It made me laugh!  But, after she finally went off to sleep, she slept until 7:45, woke up and ate, and then went back to sleep until 10:45!  Hallelujah!  So, needless to say, I haven't gotten much of anything accomplished today! ha:)  Oh well, I'd rather spend the time with this little girl...Oh goodness....I CAN NOT believe she is already two weeks old.  Time is going to fly by and I am going to be really, really sad!  (But isn't she beautiful?)  I know I'm biased, but she is my baby and I guess I can be!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  I've gotta get off of here and get busy...we are having newborn pics made tomorrow and I've got to get everything ready!  Tootles!

xoxo, Kara C:

1 comment:

Annette said...

She is just so sweet Kara!!! I am glad she is doing so well. We are still waiting on Tuff's arrival so hopefully that will be soon. Ashley goes back to the Dr. in the morning so maybe we will know more then. Can't wait to see the pics. You look great by the way!!!