CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Getting ready....

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have started having some contractions!  Well, they aren't too bad until they disrupt my sleep!  I mean....c'mon people...I'm about to have a baby!  Don't I NEED to be sleeping now???  Geesh!  Anyway, I have been doing pretty well with it all, but I am no longer bittersweet about the feeling....I am ready to have this baby!  Since we had to stay home over the weekend and "take it easy" (ha! my dr. doesn't know me too well....this is very hard for me to do!), I decided to go on and start getting ready.  

Saturday morning, Brandon and I got up and went to eat breakfast.  We then ran some errands around town and went to Wal-Mart to stock up for a while!  After we got home and had all the groceries put away, I did have to sit down and rest for a while.  I felt HORRIBLE!!!  Then, later on in the day, I cleaned out the inside of my car and Brandon vacuumed it out for me.  Then, guess what I did???   I put the car seat and base in there....just in case!  The dr. told me to go ahead and get all packed and ready a few weeks ago, and I just couldn't do it.  It still seemed too early.  Well, now that I am actually feeling pregnant, I figured I didn't know how much time we had left so I might as well go ahead and get ready for it!  Also, I have Harper completely packed and ready to go and I even started getting our things together....things that we could go ahead and pack and not really miss if I didn't go for the next 3 weeks!  Then, I finished straightening up in H's nursery, although there are still several minor things missing.....pictures on the walls, curtains, lamp shade....you know....nothing too important.  But, once her room is completely finished, I will definitely post pics!  I love it!   Everything has turned out so cute and I could not be happier with it!  So now, we are ready.....or as ready as we are going to be....to bring Harper home.  Her pack and play is set up next to our bed, and we are ready to put her in it!

With all that being said, B and I have to go to the hospital today for our non-stress test since this is such a hectic week and the dr's office is closed today.  Then we go back Thursday for our ultrasound and to get checked....we will know more then.  Hopefully, I will have made some progress!  I'll be sure and keep everyone posted.  After our appt. today, we are going to stop by my parents' house for a little cook-out (yum!) and then we'll be ready for a full day of inservice tomorrow! (BOO!)  Oh well, we only have 2 days left.......AND I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!!!!  

Hope everyone has a very happy Memorial Day!  Say a special prayer for those who have lost loved ones or who have loved ones fighting for our freedom!

xoxo, Kara C:

2 comments:

LeAnne Grissom said...

Sounds like it is almost time. I remember when I was expecting with Clint, the week before I cleaned everything. You are in your nesting stage enjoy it cause when Harper gets here cleaning is the last thing you will want to do. Enjoy it all while they are little.... Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm getting excited. Sounds like it could be any day now!!! Keep us posted as much as you can. I will be thinking about yall.

Annette